serves 2 - 4
- 300g symplicity n’duja
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x onion, finely chopped
- 300g risotto rice
- 1 x small glass vegan white wine (optional)
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 200g frozen peas
- 1 x lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 x small bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- set the vegetable stock in a pan over a low heat to keep warm.
- heat the olive oil in a deep frying pan, add the onion and fry for 10 minutes until softened.
- add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- add the risotto rice and stir until every grain is lightly coated in oil.
- pour in the wine, if using, and bubble away until reduced by half.
- add one ladleful of vegetable stock at a time to the risotto, only adding more once the last spoonful has been completely absorbed, stirring all the time.
- once the rice is cooked but still has a little bite, add the frozen peas and cook for another few minutes until just cooked.
- finally stir in the n’duja, lemon zest and juice, add seasoning to taste and serve topped with parsley.